Saturday, December 18, 2021


 

Dear Great Book Guru, as the year comes to an end, I was wondering if you had a list of your favorites for 2021?  It’s been a strange year and I wonder if I missed out on some good books. Do you have some you would particularly recommend?  Looking Back on 2021

 Dear Looking Back on 2021, Yes, I make up a list every year – it’s great fun to look back on all the books I have read and choose ten favorites.  My #1 choice by far was a work of non-fiction that reads like a novel: THE EMPIRE OF PAIN by Patrick Radden Keefe. Keefe was also the author SAY NOTHING our #1 choice for 2019.  The others are listed here in no particular order.

THE EMPIRE OF PAIN - Patrick Radden Keefe

TEN MINUTES AND 38 SECONDS IN THIS STRANGE WORLD - Elif Shafak

A GOOD MOTHER - Lara Bazelton

THE DAMAGE - Caitlin Wahrer

 THE VANISHING HALF - Bennett Brit

BROTHER, SISTER, MOTHER, EXPLORER - Jamie Figueroa

TOWER OF BABEL- Michael Sears

INTIMACIES – Katie Kitamura

BEFORE THE EVER AFTER - Jacqueline Woodson

LEAVE THE WORLD BEHIND - Ruman Alam

More information can be found about these books on greatbookguru.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment