Friday, December 29, 2023


 Dear Great Book Guru,  Looking back on 2023, I was wondering if there were some great books I might have missed. Have you compiled a list of your favorites?  Book Lover 2023

Dear Book Lover 2023,  Every year I look back on all the events I have enjoyed- Village-wide Garage Sale,  the Progressive Dinner, the Holiday Duck Hunt, the Sunset Serenades, the Fourth of July celebration, the Ice Cream Social,  the Halloween Parade, the James Joyce Jaunt…. so many! But I also look back on the books I have read and recommended.  There are always some that stand out and here is my list of ten of these in no particular order. Happy 2024  Reading!

THE GUEST – Emma Cline

GOOD NEIGHBORS- Sarah Langan

FOSTER-Claire Keegan

I HAVE SOME QUESTIONS FOR YOU- Rebecca Makkai

HEAD HITS I REMEMBER- Hank Bjorklund

THERE WILL BE FIRE- Rory Carroll

THE WAGER- David Grann

HARLEM SHUFFLE/ CROOKED MANIFESTO (part of a proposed trilogy) - Colson Whitehead

THE HEAVEN & EARTH GROCERY STORE- James McBride

SMALL MERCIES- Dennis Lehane

No comments:

Post a Comment